Sunday 13 June 2010

Biscuit news


I have been scratching away at pots for alot of hours this weekend. I reckon there is about ten hours in these five pots alone. It's good to have started on them but I still have another seven more to do on the table including a large jug which will take a few sittings i'm sure. Pretty happy with these ones and it's nice to have done a couple of mugs this way too, probably too much time spent on simple items but I wanted to do them and I hope it will be seen as a nice touch to whom ever ends up with these. I have two of the straighter sided mugs that I plan to cover in sgraffito too maybe I won't go quite so mad on them though.
The weekend seems to have flown by again and aside from the above I have a kiln full of smaller items on a glaze firing right now which is almost up to top temp as I write this. Looking forward to seeing a bit leaf relief all glazed up it's been a while since I have done any, I guess because there has been very few leaves in our garden over winter. Will post some pics tomorrow night when I get back from work and crack open the kiln, something to look forward to while the hours roll by at the nursery. Got some nice lemon cream biscuits to take with me in the morning Tig's been busy baking today and they are mighty tasty especially with a cup of tea, maybe just one more before I go to bed.

3 comments:

Dan Finnegan said...

m-m-m-m-biscuits. I love biscuits. A lot. Better than a sandwich any ol' day....

ang design said...

cool 2010 lettering...

FuturePrimitive Soap Co. said...

I shall make a batch of these Lemon Creams for August Dan! They're bloomin' lovely.
x